If you are a student looking for part-time employment with the university, please contact RSU就业服务.
Off-campus employment requires authorization from Immigration. Please meet with the PDSO to discuss the following options.
Economic Hardship 就业
- Must have been in F-1 status for at least one full academic year.
- Must prove to USCIS that employment is necessary due to severe economic hardship caused by circumstances beyond his or her control that arose after obtaining F-1 status.
- Granted by USCIS in increments of one year at a time, or until the program end-date, 以较短的为准.
- Authorization ends if student transfers schools.
- Limited to 20 hours per week while school is in session; can be full-time during official school breaks.
- Must apply for EAD from USCIS, and receive EAD before employment begins.
- Social Security Number 应用程序 Procedure
Optical Practical 培训 (OPT)
F-1 students are eligible to apply for employment authorization to work for one year following completion of a degree in his or her field of study. Students can apply up to 90 days before completion of program. To apply for OPT gather all information and bring to the International Advisor.
- 完整的 表格i - 765
- Copy of last EAD if applicable, if not EAD you must submit a copy of a government issued identity document, 如:
- a passport showing your picture, name, and birth date
- a visa issued by a foreign consulate
- a national ID document with photo and/or fingerprint
- Submit two identical color photographs of yourself within 30 days of filing a 2×2 passport style on back of photo print name and SEVIS number with pencil.
- Pay fee of $410 to Department of Homeland Security
- Submit OPT Request with PDSO
- A new I-20 will be printed showing the request. The student will need to sign the I-20 to be submitted with form I-765.
Once these documents are brought in, the DSO will request for OPT and print out a new I-20 showing the request. The student will need to sign the I-20 to be submitted with the online form I-765.